- Paramhansa Yogananda's revelation of India's best-loved scripture brought an entirely fresh perspective. This present pocket edition?a "Gita junior"?highlights the verses themselves, being limited to them almost entirely. They appear in fluent, correct, and contemporary English, making this book a "must-have" for the modern spiritual aspirant. In the introduction to Chapter One, Swamiji explains that although the Gita is historical, it is not literal. Rather it is a deep spiritual allegory, woven upon a framework of history. The characters symbolize various psychological traits and latent states of consciousness that serve as essential reference points to develop the story. Each trait or aspect of consciousness plays an important role in the devotee's struggle to rise above worldly delusion and reclaim his true state of union with God. Though small in size, this edition of the Gita is pierced through with shafts of light from a towering spiritual figure?Yogananda as a modern-day Arjuna. With this volume, India's sacred scripture is at your fingertips for inspiration on your own daily battleground of life. About The Author: Swami Kriyananda , a direct disciple of the great master, Paramhansa Yogananda, is an internationally known author, lecturer, and composer. Widely recognized as one of the world's foremost authorities on meditation and yoga, he has taught these principles and techniques to hundreds of thousands of students around the world. In 1968, Kriyananda founded Ananda Village in Nevada City, California, dedicated to spreading the spirit of friendship, service, and community throughout the world. Ananda is recognized as one of the most successful intentional communities in the world; over 1,000 people reside in Ananda communities in the US, India, and Italy. The European retreat and community located in Assisi, Italy, also serves Ananda meditation groups in Europe, Croatia, and Russia.
- Publisher : Ananda Sangha Publications (1 January 2007)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 187 pages
- ISBN-10 : 8189430262
- ISBN-13 : 978-8189430269
- Item Weight : 500 g
- Dimensions : 22.5 x 14.5 x 4.5 cm
- Dispatch: Within 24 Hours
- Free shipping across all products on a minimum purchase of $50.
- International delivery time - 7-10 business days
- Cash on delivery might be available
- Easy 30 days returns and exchanges
If you do not like the product you can return it within 15 days - no questions asked. This excludes bodysuits, swimwear and clearance sale items. We have an easy and hassle free return policy. Please look at our Delivery & Returns section for further information.
Nam tempus turpis at metus scelerisque placerat nulla deumantos solicitud felis. Pellentesque diam dolor, elementum etos lobortis des mollis ut risus. Sedcus faucibus an sullamcorper mattis drostique des commodo pharetras loremos.Donec pretium egestas sapien et mollis. Pellentesque diam dolor cosmopolis etos lobortis.
- Comodous in tempor ullamcorper miaculis.
- Pellentesque vitae neque mollis urna mattis laoreet.
- Divamus sit amet purus justo.
- Proin molestie egestas orci ac suscipit risus posuere loremous.
Bhagavad Gita (Pocket Edition Enhlish)
Recently Viewed Products
- Design QualityFirst impressions of online store is 94% design related. Quality web design establishes trust and credibility.
- Mobile First DesignIt’s highly capable of providing optimal viewing experience over desktop, tablet, smartphone, notebook & iPhone
- High Speed & PerformancePerformance matters the most for your online shop ! We leverage the strategy and help you earn maximum ROI.